The Search for the Best Daycare Near Me
Among the many great joys we experience at Discovery Village is speaking with parents asking, “how can I find the very best daycare near me?”
Sometimes families are awaiting the birth or adoption of a child. Other times they are returning to work. Still other times, they are moving into a new home. Finding a partner to care for their child while they work is among the most significant choices a family will make.
Discovery Village prides ourselves on helping you determine if becoming one of our villagers is right for your child and your family. Offering both virtual and in person tours, you’ll have the chance to meet our director and other administrators, and teachers. You’ll see activities in which children are immersed.
Come and see our infant, toddler, and preschool classrooms. Take a look at our private playground. See our kitchen and the nutritious meals prepared fresh on-site and included in the cost of tuition.
Families in Westchester seeking the convenience of daycare close to home, need not settle on quality. Discovery Village offers a unique approach to Reggio-inspired learning with our own village flair. Projects and play, responsive to children’s interests, delight children while incorporating social-emotional and academic skills vital in setting a foundation for success and well-being in Kindergarten and beyond.
Questions to Ask on Your Search for Daycare
Each family will have different must haves and good to haves in deciding on the daycare that will be best for them. Some questions you may want to consider asking include:
- Does the daycare’s COVID Health and Safety Protocol incorporate both the mandatory and recommended health and safety guidelines for childcare programs in New York State?Do they do so in a playful and non-stressful manner?
- Can parents enter and have access to their children at any time with a secure entry system?
- Are Classrooms and doors protected with video surveillance cameras? Are monitoring screens positioned in public places so that parents can observe their children without the child knowing?
- Are staff trained in CPR, First Aid, and Medication Administration?
- Are there highly skilled teachers and administrators?
- Is there an effective curriculum for all divisions (infant, toddler, preschool) which is highly engaging for children, setting the foundations for success in Kindergarten and long term well-being?
- Is Professional development provided for teachers?
- Is nutritious food cooked on site and included or all children in the cost of tuition?
- Is exercise a central component of children’s experience including a range of options, both organized by teachers and self-directed child activities?
- Is Social Emotional Learning woven within the fabric of learning activities?
- Are the facilities clean, spacious, and highly engaging for children?
- Can the school clearly articulate their educational approach, and does it resonate for you? Do you feel enthusiastic about the experiences the program will provide for your child?
- Is there an active parent community with opportunities for you to connect with the school, and other families, as much or as little as you would like?